Top 10 Reasons to Love Cork
Get to know cork in a whole new way. We love it and we think you will, too!
- It’s beautiful!
- Luxurious texture. Soft and supple, velvety or smooth, depending on the pattern.
- It’s unique. Cork leather can be made in an almost unlimited variety of patterns and colors.
- It’s water resistant. Water beads up and rolls off. Easy clean up with mild soap and water.
- It’s durable, fade resistant and lightweight.
- It’s versatile. It can be used anywhere you might use leather, plus applications where leather would never work – like an umbrella!
- It’s sustainable. Cork oaks are not damaged or cut down to harvest cork. Trees have a typical life span of over 200 years.
- Cork oak forests support biodiversity. 25,000 species are supported, including endangered birds, plants and wildcats.
- It’s vegan.
- It’s hypoallergenic. A substance in the cork bark called Suberin prevents the cork from absorbing water, dust, dirt, mold and mildew.
Harvesting Cork in Portugal
The highest quality cork and cork fabric comes from Portugal and Spain. Cortizza partners with several manufacturers in Portugal and Spain to bring our customers only the finest products.
Note to Our Website Visitors: All content on cortizza.com has been written and created by us. Unfortunately, we have found that some of our website content has been used by others without our permission. Should you come across this unethical practice, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be most appreciative! Thank you!