Top 10 Reasons to Love Cork
Get to know cork in a whole new way. We love it and we think you will, too!
- It’s beautiful!
- Luxurious texture. Soft and supple, velvety or smooth, depending on the pattern.
- It’s unique. Cork leather can be made in an almost unlimited variety of patterns and colors.
- It’s water resistant. Water beads up and rolls off. Easy clean up with mild soap and water.
- It’s durable, fade resistant and lightweight.
- It’s versatile. It can be used anywhere you might use leather, plus applications where leather would never work – like an umbrella!
- It’s sustainable. Cork oaks are not damaged or cut down to harvest cork. Trees have a typical life span of over 200 years.
- Cork oak forests support biodiversity. 25,000 species are supported, including endangered birds, plants and wildcats.
- It’s vegan.
- It’s hypoallergenic. A substance in the cork bark called Suberin prevents the cork from absorbing water, dust, dirt, mold and mildew.